|Holmdel High School
36 Crawfords Corner Road
Holmdel New Jersey 07733
Office Hours: 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
School Hours: 7:21 a.m. - 2:10 p.m.
Tel: (732) 946-1832
Fax: (732) 946-0093
September 8, 2019
Dear HHS Community,
Hope you have been enjoying this beautiful weekend!
A huge thank you to our staff, students, and families for a great opening week! Please check out a few items to prepare for the week ahead...
- BTS Night---Thank you for connecting with us that evening! Mrs. Riggi, Mr. Brown, and I were thrilled to be part of the excitement of a new year, as you had the opportunity to connect with our amazing staff at HHS!
- Class Meetings---We had a great experience meeting with all of our students last week during these meetings. We covered many of the items I had emailed about prior to kicking off the school year. Feel free to continue the messages from that previous communication. It was great being able to connect with the students during that time to kick off the year.
- Science Labs---We begin Tuesday as we head into our second rotation of the year.
- Friendly reminder that the email communications I send out on occasion can be found on the HHS website, under Priciapl's message, in case you need to refer back to a particular item.
As always, thanks for partnering with us to do great things for the HHS community!
September 3, 2019
Dear Holmdel High School Community,
It was great seeing so many students/families during the Open House today! We are very excited to kick off the year!
As we head into Day #1 (A Day), please review a number of reminders and enhancements at HHS to get us started...
- Student Drop Off---Students are encouraged to ride the bus, but if parents are dropping off please take note that we will be following the same procedures as last year. Buses will always use the lane on the flag pole/Satz main entrance side of the building. Parents dropping off will use the drop off lane closest to the HHS main entrance, or the drop off area IN the Satz parking lot. From approx. 7:10-7:18, parents will also be able to drop off in the bus lane on the flag pole/Satz main entrance side of the building. Staff members will be in all locations to assist with procedures, traffic flow, and safety.
- Study Hall---If present, students must check/swipe-in to study hall in the lower commons. To support the safety of all students, failure to do so will result in consequences as outlined in our Code of Conduct.
- Nurse Procedures---Our School Nurse does a tremendous job keeping our students healthy and safe. Please review Health Office Procedures.pdf to be sure students are following all procedures.
- Lockers---Please see Mrs. DeDonato in the main office to purchase a lock for $5. You need a school issued lock...locks from Satz are fine at HHS.
- Attendance---So very important for our students to be present in class to get the most out of their educational experience. Please check out our student/parent handbook, posted on the left-hand side of the HHS website, to review pertinent information about attendance procedures (pg. 63).
- School Schedule---Please check out our student/parent handbook, posted on the left-hand side of the HHS website, to review pertinent information about our daily schedule (pg. 22).
- Code of Conduct---Please check out our student/parent handbook, posted on the left-hand side of the HHS website, to review pertinent information about our revised code of conduct (pg. 67).
- Unit Lunch---With a lot of great collaboration and brainstorming, we are able to set up a scenario this year whereby students will not be in hallways during this time. Students will have specific locations where they can eat, hang out with friends, or even take some quiet time to relax and/or study. We will be reviewing these locations with all students in the coming days.
- Media Center---This will be a quiet space for students to relax and/or study throughout the day. This will also be a food-free zone at all times during the day...including unit lunch.
- Daily Announcements---Yep...you read that correctly! Our new Assistance Principals, Mrs. Riggi and Mr. Brown, will be rolling this out in the coming days. Thank you to all staff, parent, and student input around this item!
No doubt this is a lot to take in so please don't stress! These items will be reviewed on a number of occasions during the course of this week, through building announcements, Grade Level Meetings, and set as reminders in our new Daily Announcements. In addition, please don't hesitate to reach out to Mrs. Riggi, Mr. Brown, or me if there is anything we can assist with at any point. Looking forward to a great year ahead, and thank you for partnering with us to do great things for the HHS community!
***Every Friday, bring out the Holmdel Attire and/or Holmdel Blue and White. HHS spirit will be rockin'!!!***