- Holmdel Public Schools
- District Goals
- About Us/Mission
- Affirmative Action
- Central Office
- CORONAVIRUS INFORMATION
- District Goals
- District Presentations & Videos
- Educational Equity
- Emergency Closing Info
- Harassment, Intimidation, and Bullying
- Lead Testing Information
- School Performances Reports
- Staff Directory
- Superintendent's Communications
- Title IX Coordinator
Social and Emotional Learning
To create a common understanding of the skills, habits, and mindsets of social and emotional learning and develop a shared, systemic approach to integrating these into school and classroom practices through the adoption of evidenced-based character education and anti-bullying programs.
To review district homework practices and policy, and through a study of current research, define best practices for the use of homework and revise policy as applicable.
To expand the collection of student growth data and the application of that data to increase student achievement across content areas.
To continue to drive the successful implementation of the Holmdel 2020 Initiative by completing 2019-2020 projects in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
Examine and evaluate issues related to the social, emotional and psychological health of all students. Examine programs currently provided while identifying others that may be needed to promote the health and well-being of all students and staff.
- Conduct an evaluation of the K-12 School Counseling Program.
- Continue to develop and implement mindfulness practices.
- Form a student wellness task force comprised of parents/guardians, staff members, and community-based experts to assist the district in identifying concerns related to social, emotional and psychological health and develop recommendations for school-based strategies to address these.
Data-Based Decision Making
Increase the practice of collecting and using accurate data to inform decisions in all aspects of the school district from the classroom to the boardroom.
- Establish data teams in all schools.
- Design a district data dashboard inclusive of a variety of data points for use by the administration and Board of Education in decision-making.
- Increase public reporting of data.
- Align decisions with available data as appropriate.
Establish a network of partnerships with businesses and organizations within our local community and globally that can provide meaningful, real-world experiences for our students via internships and collaborative projects in our Career Concentration program and throughout our K-12 programs.
Continue to drive the successful implementation of the Holmdel 2020 Initiative by completing 2018-2019 projects in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
To build equity to maximize the potential of every student, the district will:
- Use data-informed and research-based systems that support the differentiation of instruction for all students;
- Develop plans to maximize learning time across content areas;
- Determine appropriate class enrollments in Grades K-8 to support learning environments that maximize student achievement;
- Enhance learning-focused communication among and between grade level staff, schools and disciplines;
- Conduct a K-12 assessment of the Gifted and Talented program;
- Conduct a Kindergarten program assessment to develop a data-informed full-day kindergarten program;
- Provide opportunities for teachers and administrators to build professional capacity to enhance student achievement and equity.
To support the social, emotional and intellectual well-being of all students, and to develop and sustain safe and welcoming schools for all students, the district will:
- Conduct a school climate and culture survey for parents, students and staff;
- Review climate and culture survey data to identify triggers of stress and anxiety among students;
- Evaluate current character education programs and initiatives including anti-bullying efforts;
- Implement a suicide prevention program;
- Gather and analyze data regarding student connectivity to school, sense of belonging and school pride; and
- Provide professional opportunities for teachers and administrators to develop strategies related to the practices of mindfulness and/or other strategies to address student needs.
Future Ready Schools
To ensure that all students are provided with the technology-rich environments they need in order to be engaged and successful members of a digital society and workforce, the district will conduct a self-assessment of our district’s qualifications in the following areas in order to obtain Future Ready Schools state certification: Leadership, Education and Classroom Practices, and Technology Support and Services
Holmdel 2020 Initiative
To develop the facilities necessary to continue to provide all students with superior programs in academics, athletics and the arts, the district will:
- Educate the public regarding the need for the referendum to make effective investments in the District’s infrastructure;
- Establish a schedule of print and in-person opportunities for the community to learn about the Referendum;
- Work with the district Bond Counsel and Architect with regard to the bond sale and transition into the construction phase upon the passing of the referendum; and,
- Create and maintain a Holmdel 2020 Website with pre-referendum and post-referendum updates.